The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Being a newly naturalized citizen of the United States, it is with pride and honor that I watched the presidential inauguration today. I voted for Pres. Bush. I also voted for the party he represents.
In Canada I voted for a party and was stuck with whomever the party elected as it's leader. In Canada a person can conceivably become Prime Minister for life. Call an election whenever they want so as to best place themselves and their party in a position to win.
It is like insider trading.
The government knows bad news is about break, so they call an election before it hits the fan, and then take the next 1 to 5 years to ride it out, hoping for another opportunity to call a quick election and do it all over again.
There is something wrong with a system like that.
There are a lot of great things about my former country, but I am glad to be living in the USA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home