The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Friday, September 23, 2005


Ahhh Friday!
I/We are through our first series of exams. By my count that makes this semester 1/4 over. Time sure flies when you are having fun, and actually it is starting to be a little more fun. It has been so long since I was really in school that It took the first couple of weeks to settle down and get into some kind of a routine. Now that is starting to click for me and it is much easier to read and study, though I am very behind in both. That first 2 weeks will haunt me for a while.
I went to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital on Weds. for an observation day. UPMC is part of a health system that consists of several hospitals and clinics. Presby is one of 5 hospitals within about a 5 block radius. It is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Pittsburgh. It was weird to be in the OR with nothing to do. I was Jafo (remember Blue Thunder) for a day. The clinical rotation should be out soon, and I am hoping to be in either Butler, or Passavant for my first rotation. They are not the big bush city hospitals, but I think the more laid back non-teaching atmosphere of the "rural hospital" will be a nice way to get my feet wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home