The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Annals of an Anesthesia Student

Somehow I always manage to find the end of the rainbow. It just happens to be the wrong end.

Week 1 of anesthesia school is in the books. So far it really doesn't seem overwhelming. There is a lot of material to cover, and I am not sure that I am always aware of what it is. The program is very dependent on the internet and email to find and access all of the required reading and assignments. I have not yet mastered all of the places to look for the information. It will surely come over the next few months.
The University of Pittsburgh is a large institution located in downtown Oakland, PA. It isn't like other universities that I have been used to. No quad, no lawns to lay down on and read or nap in the afternoon sun. The nice thing is that all of my classes are located in one building, and the instructors seem to have really good attitudes. The AV presentations are very helpful, and many are accessable from home. Last night I watched an hour long lecture on uptake and distribution. I don't know if it made a lot of sense because it was my first exposure to it, but I am sure that the lecture will not seem so foreign now.
Tomorrow I have a 13 hour day at the college. Wednesdays really suck. I wish I had a silicon chip inside my head...

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic Jeff...hope you didn't go digging too deep. Those surgical scurbs, gloves and masks come in handy eh? Hardee, Har, Har!!
Dirk & April

 

Post a Comment

<< Home