The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Tuesday, January 23, 2007


There is more that one way to skin a fox.
My friend Wim skinned and tanned the hide of this fox which was hit by a car. Finally some road kill that has been put to good use! A day doesn't go by that I don't see between 1 and 3 dead deer on the road whild driving in to Pittsburgh. Though I think the city folk would call the cops if they saw me skinning a doe on the side of the road.
Notice the Bows on the wall behind him. Wim bought his first couple of Bows, but has now started making them by hand. In a couple of years he will have to come back to America during hunting season and try them out on some big game. I don't think that he would be allowed to shoot animals in Holland.
575 down, 550 required, +25 and counting!!
I have finally surpassed my minimum case requirements and as now working on filling individual "holes" in my requirements list. To be eligible to sit for the board exams I have to have a certain amount of each type of anesthetic proceedure, and experience with specific kinds of surgical cases. I am up and over in Danville, PA. at a hospital that reminds me of Scott & White Memorial Hospital http://www.sw.org/web/SW/, the first hospital that I worked in after coming to the United States. I really enjoyed working there.
Geisinger Hospital http://www.geisinger.org/ seems to be structured in much the same way, which is maybe why I am liking working here. The added bonus is that they have no anesthesia residents, so the OR schedule is wide open for my experience, and the coordinator Becky is very open to taking the initiative and allowing us to pick rooms that we think will benefit us the most. I am trying to get all of my required specialty cases done so that I can take advantage of some other opportunities over the summer. I am tentatively scheduled to do a specialty rotation June through August, but would rather do something else if possible.
I downloaded a countdown timer to my laptop. I have something like 325 days until graduation night. Maybe I should put that at the top as my new countdown numbers rather than cases??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home