The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Saturday, February 24, 2007

On to the CHP

604 down, plus 54!

My 8 weeks in Danville flew by very quickly. It was a really great rotation. I have finished all of my required cases but maybe 10 or so. Now I just have to pad my case book to make the CV look good, and get all of the experience that I can. I will be spending the next 3 months at the CHP (Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh). I am lucky in that I have done a few kids cases at the other hospitals I have been rotation through. Kids are not foreign or scary to me from an anesthesia point of view. I have been told by my classmates that the CHP CRNA's and MDA's are a tough group to work with. I hope that it's not true. My friend Conrad is in school up in Buffalo, NY. He say's that he is loving his pediatric rotation, and would actually consider working with kids full time after graduation.

The winter here is Pittsburgh has been much colder that last year. My old truck is begining to feel it's age. 12 years old and coming up on 1/4 of a million miles. I should probably start looking at another vehicle. I want to keep the truck until I am done with school, but I would like to know that each day when I go outside the thing will start up and take me where I want to go. They salt the living crap out of the roads up here in the northeast. Both my truck and Susan's SUV are starting to show the symptoms of the corosive environment. The weather has been too cold to keep them washed and get the salt off.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's 12 years old in truck years? Ralph will be 47 March 27th. He's getting better and better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home