The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday


924 cases completed.


It's beginning to look a lot like winter. The dark skies have rolled in over Pittsburgh, and the snow is falling. Lucky for me I got the Harley put into winter storage yesterday.


Today is the day that is traditionally known as Black Friday, the traditional start of the holiday ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping) shopping season. A few years ago a friend of mine talked me into going shopping the morning of Black Friday. In an attempt to lure in shoppers, many stores open early in the morning. Usually around 0500, but some even open at midnight. They tempt shoppers with big sales promotions of items which are usually in limited quantity. The one trip into the hell which is Black Friday that I attempted, was to purchase a paper shredder. Should have been simple enough. I lined up against the side of a Circuit City with about 100 other people. When the doors finally opened people from the parking lot flooded straight into the store, and left those of us who were stupid enough to stand in line right where we were. I have never been out shopping on Black Friday again.


I have 4 clinical days left in my "traditional" anesthesia education. With luck I might make 950 cases. I was hoping to have 1000 by graduation, but that won't be possible as we are making a trip out to Washington next week to look for a place to live. There is a lot to do between now and January. We still have to decide on a move date, and I have to pick a date to take my certifying exam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home