The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

8 Down, 542 To Go.............

The minimum number of general anesthetics allowable to sit for the anesthesia board exams is 550. I have completed 8....
My first 2 days of clinical rotations are over. Talk about a dough head. I have been in the ICU for a long time, and pride myself on being able to handle pretty much what ever comes through the door. I used to think that the more ICU experience the better when it came to practicing anesthesia. Now I am not so sure. These last 2 days I was totally out of my element. The patients and the proceedures weren't that bad, it was just that there was so much going on that was/wasn't related to the patient or the case. Just when I would realize that it was time to do something, I would realize that I had already forgotten to do something else. One definite down side to having the ICU experience is that I knew that I had 12 hrs. to get caught up with the busy work. In the OR there is no catching up. The case is usually ending by the time I get ready to sit down and catch up. Yes I realize that there is a flow to it, and I shouldn't kick myself for not catching on right away, but what a DOUGH HEAD!

Otherwise, it has been really nice out here. The fall colors are starting to fade, but the grass is still green. We are looking forward to traveling to Washington, D.C. this weekend. I am really excited about it. I wish we had more time to look around and visit some of the historical points of intrest, but hopefully this is only the first trips of many.
We are also looking forward to going up and over to Edmonton for a few days at Christmas. Yes I know it is not a beach with palm trees, but it's family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home