The Follis's in ......Yakima!!

Upward and Onward. Life as a CRNA

Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Weekend Away from School

The Capital Building

This weekend we went to Washington, DC.
This is a place I have always wanted to visit. The trip was rushed, but the emotion that you feel while there is un believable. We went into the American History Museum Exhibit at the Smithsonian. Way cool.







The most moving thing for me
was the flag that was hung from
the side of the Pentagon beside
the point of impact from the
plane crash on September 11.


Unfortunately we missed the most dramatic changes in fall colors because it was so late in the season, but the city itself more than made up for it. Washington and the surrounding area is truly beautiful. I am glad we were there on the weekend though. The beltway from Maryland into DC included 4 lanes of frontage roads, and 10 lanes of freeway. Can you imagine a traffic jam consisting of 14 lanes of traffic!!!

LDS Temple, Washington, DC



We went with the ward to the DC Temple on friday night so the kids could do baptisms. We didn't get started until almost 10 p.m. and weren't finished until almost midnight.
The adults all tried to get together for a session on Saturday morning, but we
ended up all over the place.




Battlefield at Gettysburg, PA
We drove through Gettysburg on the way home. Site of President Lincoln's famous "Gettysburg Address". During one day of battle on July 1, 1883 (I think I remember the year correctly) 15,800 men died. In One Day!
I am really looking forward to going back in the spring or summer and spending a few days . There is so much history to see in this area. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a real history buff.

Now it is back to school. I just checked my email, and there were 11 messages regarding notes, tests, and assignments that will be due in whole or part this week. I was only gone 2 days!! Back to Butler in the AM. I am really enjoying this rotation.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff. Your pictures are awesome. I hope you wait to go again til we come down. Or don't go so often you're sick of it. I can hardly wait to come see Washington. I expect a good tour and tour guide. We want to come and attend the Hill Cumorah Pageant so we'll plan our trip around that. , Gail

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

There is so much to see I don't know how you could see it all or get sick of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home